Jenay "ShinobiJaxx" Anolin, DTR & NASM, FNS
Shinobi Jaxx is an artist, educator, trainer and performer born and raised in the awesome city of Oakland, California.
Jennifer is her real name. Jenay, is her nickname and Shinobijaxx well, that's just her ninja name. A UCLA alum, with BA in World Arts & Cultures and a minor in Childhood Development.
the educator & trainer: Jenay is a Registered Dietetic Technician, a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, Nutrition Educator and mentor and advocate for health and wellness in her community. She is currently a Grad student at USF in the Dual Degree MPH/MSBH Program. Her mission is to continue to challenge the childhood obesity epidemic through dance, nutrition education, mindfulness and self guided healing. In 2009 she created and developed the youth dance & nutrition program, The GroovLings.
the artist: Jenay is also trained in Classical Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop and House dance. She is also versed in Waacking and a few other street dance styles.
the leader & performer: Jenay is also the
- Director/Co-Founder of Mix'd Ingrdnts Dance Company
- Director/Founder of all-girl Dance Company, Mini Mix'd
Worked with Past Dance Companies & Choreographers
- Amy O'Neal, San Francisco, 2016 "Opposing Forces"
- Rennie Harris RHAW, Philadelphia, 2014-2015 "Love American Style"
- Embodiment Project, San Francisco, 2010-2013
- UCLA's Samahang Modern, 2004-2006
- UCLA's ACA, 2002-2004
- New Style Motherlode, Oakland, 2001
- Oakland Ballet Company, Oakland, 2000